The International Society of Psychiatric Genetics (ISPG) was established in 1992. ISPG is a collaboration of physicians, researchers, geneticists, social workers, genetic counselors, students, and any professional with interest in the field of psychiatric genetics. This world-wide organization is dedicated to:
1. Promoting education in psychiatric genetics, both for the scientific community and for the lay public. Each year, the ISPG produces their annual World Congress of Psychiatric Genetics. This meeting is dedicated to promoting education in psychiatric genetics and sharing the latest in psychiatric research.
2. Guiding early career researchers interested in the field of psychiatric genetics. For the annual World Congress, the Society sponsors the Early Career Investigator Program. Young Investigators are upcoming leaders in psychiatric genetics chosen by their peers to represent the future of the field.
3. Encouraging communication and collaboration between researchers in this area. The ISPG has several committees, made up of ISPG members, that are helping our organization achieve our goals and tackling the controversial and compelling issues that will ultimately have a major impact on psychiatric genetics.
4. Striving for the highest scientific and ethical standards in research and clinical practice. The ISPG offers many opportunities for participation: submitting proposals for presentations and presenting posters, volunteering to serve on committees, and taking part in the election of Board Members and Officers are just a few.
5. Paving the way to alleviate suffering due to psychiatric conditions. Through awareness and education, the ISPG with the help of its contributors, is able to contribute to one of the world’s most novel scientific fields.
We welcome your participation in our society. Please visit our membership page to learn more about becoming an ISPG Member.
If you have questions, please contact our Executive Office:
5034-A Thoroughbred Lane
Brentwood, TN 37027 USA
Phone: +001 615 649 3075