The International Society of Psychiatric Genetics (ISPG) was established in 1992. The ISPG is a collaboration of physicians, researchers, geneticists, social workers, genetic counselors, students, or any professionals with interest in the field of psychiatric genetics. This world-wide organization is dedicated to:
1. Promoting education in psychiatric genetics, both for the scientific community and for the lay public. Each year, the ISPG supports their Annual World Congress of Psychiatric Genetics. This meeting is dedicated to promoting education in psychiatric genetics and spreading the word of the latest psychiatric research.
2. Guiding early career researchers interested in the field of psychiatric genetics. For the Annual World Congress, the Society sponsors the Early Career Investigator Program. Young Investigators are upcoming leaders in psychiatric genetics chosen by their peers to represent the future of the field.
3. Encouraging communication and collaboration between researchers in this area. The Genetic Testing Task Force and the Global Diversity Task Force are just two examples of collaboration groups within our society. These groups, made up of ISPG members, are leading the field in the controversial and compelling issues that could ultimately have a major impact on clinical psychiatry.
4. Striving for the highest scientific and ethical standards in research and clinical practice. The ISPG offers many opportunities for participation: submitting proposals for presentations and presenting posters, volunteering to serve on committees, and taking part in the election of Board Members and Officers.
5. Paving the way to alleviate suffering due to psychiatric disorders. Through awareness and education the ISPG, with the help of its contributors, is able to contribute to one of the world’s most novel scientific fields.
We welcome your participation in our society and please visit our membership page to learn more about becoming an ISPG Member.
Please contact the Executive Office with any questions you may have at:
5034-A Thoroughbred Lane
Brentwood, TN 37027 USA
Phone: +001 615 649 3075