ISPG Member & Friends of the Society Postings:
- Indiana University Bloomington PhD Program in Health Behavior - Indiana University Bloomington is pleased to share that we are recruiting students for our PhD program in Health Behavior for Fall 2024 at Indiana University in the School of Public Health. We are especially looking for students with interests in the causes, prevention, and treatment of substance use problems and related health conditions, as well as disparities in those processes.
- Postdoctoral Fellow or Staff Researcher in the laboratory of Dr. Nievergelt, Department of Psychiatry, UCSD for investigating the genetic/genomic basis of psychiatric and stress-related disorders through the computational analysis of large datasets.
- Postdoctoral Position in Statistical Genomics/Genetic Epidemiology at the Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
This 3-year Postdoctoral Research Scientist Position is embedded within the EU-funded project “Risk and Resilience in Developmental Diversity and Mental Health” (HORIZON-HLTH-21). The R2D2 consortium is an international collaboration of 26 European and associated partners (Australia, Canada and Israel). R2D2 adopts a new approach to improve the well-being of individuals with neurodevelopmental disorders (NDDs) by studying not only risk for disorder, but enhancing and promoting resilience towards NDDs.
- Dr. Joshua Gray, Associate Professor in the Department of Medical and Clinical Psychology at Uniformed Services University in Bethesda, Maryland is hiring a Postdoctoral Fellow and Scientist to contribute to NIH funded research on the genetic risk for alcohol use disorder and other psychological phenotypes using large datasets (e.g., dbGaP, All of Us, Million Veterans Program). The ideal candidate has strong computational and analytic skills and a passion for psychiatric genetics and addiction research. Dr. Gray's lab prioritizes mentorship and professional growth, and provides opportunities for grant writing and attendance at statistical genomics workshops.Postdoctoral Fellow (Remote possible): https://careers-hjf.icims.com/jobs/3426/postdoctoral-fellow---psychiatric-genetics-addiction/job
Scientist (Hybrid): https://careers-hjf.icims.com/jobs/3529/scientist-i---statistical-geneticist/job
- After a successful first round or hiring last year, Purdue University is continuing its cluster hiring initiative in the broad area of Social Genomics, Behavioral Genomics, and Related Fields. This initiative is again joint between the College of Liberal Arts and the College of Science, with many Assistant Professor positions available. The link to apply can be found here: https://careers.purdue.edu/job/West-Lafayette-Assistant-Professor-in-the-Broad-Area-of-Social-Genomics%2C-Behavior-Genomics-and-Related-Fields-IN-47906/1094416500/ We are excited to continue our mission to build a world-leading cohort of scholars in Psychiatric Genetics, Social Science Genetics, Behavioral Genetics, Computer Science, Data Science, Statistical Genetics, Translational Biology, or any other related discipline. Please note that this is a rolling application. We will begin looking at applications on December 8th, but we plan for this application to remain open for some time, and we will be reviewing applications as they are submitted. Questions can be directed to Robbee Wedow (email@example.com) or to the search committee co-chairs Peristera Paschou (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sorin Matei (email@example.com).